Wednesday, January 27

Netherweave Cloth and how to store it...

I've been siphoning the auction house for Netherweave Cloth for about two weeks now in order to try to get my Netherweave Bag competitors starved of materials. By siphoning I mean that I've bought all cloth that is listed below 50s each. This have landed me with 6038x cloth and a good stock of bags (??x). So far I've seen small tendencies that a few competitors are no longer selling bags. I had more than five sellers a couple of weeks back and now it's only one or two who tries to compete, but they don't really push their prices down to my levels anymore.
Now I'm in the process of converting these cloth to bolts but there will be a large number of slots that will be filled and I'm unsure where I can store it. I will store the bolts as they will occupy the least number of slots.
The problem with this strategy is that I don't sell bags fast enough and my stock is just piling up. Any suggestions? I thought of creating something to be nuked but with the past two days' dubious results I really don't want to go that way.

It took a long while but now I've 1208x Bolt of Netherweave. That's 61 slots. I will invest in a new vault slot for storing these. Roughly speaking I now have the possibility to create 302x Netherweave Bags which should be enough for a little more than one week I think.

So far I've invested 5760g 62s 50c in Netherweave Cloth. I've sold Netherweave Bags for a total of 6537g 64s 37c. For the profit I've built the above stock of bolts so that I can create more bags when needed. I have 78x ready for sale bags. My current stock value would be valued to about 4750g. So my totals would be around -- investment 5760g, profit about 11250g. Not bad...

That's enough ranting for tonight...


3 comments:

  1. aYeh the bag bussiness takes alot of slots. Unless im making good profit or get a good deal on cloth i dont do it. Posted 8 bags in the last month if that tells you anything.

    Whats your total gold if u dont mind me asking?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've made my bags my big business actually as I've not had the discipline yet to focus on the other tinkering areas thus far.

    I may write up on the gold status or I may not. The hunt for the cap is not really my main goal. It's rather the engineering take on this auction business. More about all of this will follow here and there in the future posts..

    Stay tuned... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Netherweave is more forgiving than linen or silk in that the basic disenchantable stuff yield a nice profitable set of enhanting mats. Check your Lil'Sparky for disenchant values of the netherweave gear and you'll notice that you can gain at least as good profit from disenchanting -say- netherweave belt or such.

    That's how I've eased out the high competition-low margin times on netherweave bags, getting rid of the excess cloth/bolts

    C out

    ReplyDelete