Monday, January 25

Linen Cloth, what to make out of it...


This would be my absolutely first post ever in the blog-sphere but I will try to make it worthwhile for you.

Goblineering is my take on the World of Warcraft Auction House gold making. I won't bore you with the "hi, this is me" stuff as I hate those myself. Let's just get down to business, shall we?

I got a brilliant idea of buying up and flipping lower level cloth. At least I thought it to be a brilliant idea at the time. I sold only a few linen and ended up with tons.

I bought 2865x Linen Cloth for a total of 477g 33s 01c. That's 16s 66c each. Market price being 4s 77c, I realized I didn't flip well.

I had to rethink so I sent it all to my tailor / enchanter for refinement.

I came up with this refinement line:
Linen Cloth (2) --> Bolt of Linen Cloth (2 seconds)
Bolt of Linen Cloth (2) + Coarse Thread (1) --> Brown Linen Pants (2 seconds)
Disenchant Brown Linen Pants (3 seconds)
(Total time consumed is calculated to about 71 minutes.)



So, each Brown Linen Pants cost me 66s 72c and the current market value for those is 65s 13c. Can't very well resell those at a profit.

These enchanting materials was gained from disenchanting all of the Brown Linen Pants:


837x Strange Dust

238x Lesser Magic Essence (79x Greater Magic Essence) +1



The current market value of Greater Magic Essence is way higher than that for the Lesser Magic Essence so I convert them all to Greater:s.


The current market value then:


837x Strange Dust (295g 62s 84c)

79x Greater Magic Essence (95g 82s 70c)

1x Lesser Magic Essence (32s 87c)


Total: 391g 78s 41c

Not a profit! I lost 85g 54s 60c and 71 minutes.

So, to sum this up I have just shown you a real life example of how we auction players can end up. We try things that may or may not work out. We try to calculate as much as possible in advance. I didn't this time and it landed me 85g on the minus side.

I hope you guys don't repeat this :-)

1 comment:

  1. I know it's a bit late (7 months after the post), but you should try creating a qa3 group that automatically posts full stacks of strange dust for 20 gold, no matter what the market price is. They will sell, and if they don't (they will though) you can relist for no fee.

    ReplyDelete