Wednesday, April 7

Suffice with one glyph banker ...

@cmccarter and @Kraklin are now using more than one banker to manage posting of all the glyphs the game offers. I'm not keen on this idea as I want to use my limited 10 character slots for toons I actually play with as well. Three or even four poster alts are just not appealing as I'd have to dedicate a playable toon for posting glyphs.
@Kraklin commented on my last post and he said he used the idea I've outlined in this post. Why did you abandon it?
A quick check on wowhead and I find there are 345x glyphs total. 1x Pack of Endless Pockets equals 32 slots. 345/32 = 10,78125 ... or 10 packs + 25 slots.
A banker can carry 11x Pack of Endless Pockets, 4x equipped and 7x in the bank. I see no reason to have several bankers to handle the whole glyph stock if I keep a stock of max 20x of each glyph.
The trick is to use BankStack to optimize the storage and only use these 32 slot inscription bags. If you have BackStack to Sort Bags and Sort Bank, it will automatically move all glyphs to the inscription bags and not the 'normal' bags.
I've created ArkInventory rules to visualize the bag separation clearly and thus I'm able to swap out the bags from the bank. At most it will become three trips to and from the auctioneer and the bank, to swap bags.
The downside to this is the retrieving of mail using Postal as glyphs can be in the incorrect order and you'd have to swap bags to be able to retrieve all the mails of expired auctions or newly crafted glyphs. I'm still thinking on this one as I hope there is a way.

____________
A small update on my Inscription problems I posted about. Thanks to @Gwyn for spotting that I still hadn't caught the changes where the glyphs only use 1 ink now. I updated my formulas and QA item groups. This adjustment jumped me from roughly 5% of the glyph market to about 15%. My sales have trippled as well (no wonder as my market share trippled *doh*) :-)


1 comment:

  1. I also use bankstack and arkinventory and it seems that using the 3 posting alts is faster to post with since I don't have to run to the bank, everything I need to post is all in my inventory.
    You could assign your inactive alts to be your posting alts?
    I just happened to have 3 extra character slots so it was an easy choice for me.. but the posting speed difference isn't that much to worry about, I just disliked it when I forgot which bags I swapped, less thinking required for 3 posting alts.

    ReplyDelete